To be alive, keep creativity alive!
Weekends are days to unplug from daily routine and spend it quite differently so that we are energized for the coming week. However, more often than not it usually ends up with the routine events like watching movie, shopping or spending time with friends. But if you want to spend this weekend more creatively by doing things you have not done before, here are two activities you could indulge in. And if you are on a tight budget, go for it without giving a second thought.
1. Bottle Painting
Making bottle painting sounds interesting and its easy as well. Also, you don’t have to spend much, neither time nor money and at the end you will surely feel accomplished.
Recommended Read: Art Inspired by Ganesha around the world
- Glass bottle
- Glass colors
- Design of your choice
Start off with selecting a glass bottle which you wish to paint. Select a background color and paint the bottle evenly. Once the bottle is dry, carve out the design of your choice using different colors. Once you are done with designing, insert lights inside the bottle and the result will simply amaze you.
2. Painting old shoes
You must be thinking what crazy stuff I am taking about. Yes it is crazy, but you will definitely enjoy doing it and your friends will appreciate it as well.
Shoes are girl’s best friends and finding a unique one is no more easy. So why not create your own. This way you will spend your weekend creatively and at last you will have a new pair of shoes.
Good Read : 7 FREE photo travel photo apps
5 simple steps and you are done
- Choose plain fabric based shoes (converse).
- Wash the shoes if you are using one of your old pairs. This will reduce the amount of paint consumed. Paint the shoes with color of your choice.
- With the help of a pencil draw the pattern on the shoe.
- Use either acrylic paint/ fabric colors depending on the pattern you wish to emboss. Using brighter shades make the shoes more attractive.
- Once done with coloring let them dry, further spray varnish for prolonged effect.
So what are you waiting for, grab one pair of old shoes and get started.